The Beautiful Things
- Deep cleaning, washing things by hand and air drying them.
- Margaritas on a Monday.
- Mark laughing while playing video games with two pals.
- Feeling that spring is near, the quality of the air.
- Questioning if things will actually get “better” after graduation.
- Watching 10 Things I Hate About You with Mark.
- Purdue beating Maryland in basketball, wondering about justice.
- Hazelnut macchiato creamer.
- Mark going through a Spotify playlist that focuses on German curse words. Him laughing at himself.
The Growing Things
How do I cope with the world when things don’t go my way or when I have freedom to do what I wish with my time?
- I hop onto Pinterest to find more recipes, to discover the things that I’ve missed. Those things aren’t essential. Those things are just more.
- I hop onto the internet to look for jobs or internships I might have missed. The opportunities at hand are also enough. Maybe I don’t trust God to provide me with the work I need, so I continually look for more.
- When things don’t go my way, I paralyze myself and lie still, just not thinking about anything. Maybe I can be more active during the times things don’t go my way: talk to God, pray for change.
- When I’m stressed about a project, I consume myself with another project.
- When I’m stressed I also take on household chores. I tell myself that I need to do the dishes every night even though I could ask my husband to help me.