The Beautiful Things
- Mark surprising me with pizza after my night class. Him asking me what I wanted for dinner on the way home, me being okay with something average like a cold sandwich. Him parking our car in the lot and pulling a pizza out of the backseat.
- Being frustrated at Mark when he scrolls through Netflix but doesn’t really choose anything for us to watch.
- Jalapeno dip.
- Slow paced errands, slower steps from point A to point B.
- Finding an alley of snowflake decorations in downtown Washington DC.
- The feeling of desperately wanting to be home already.
- The tunnel between the East and West buildings of the National Gallery of Art, the tube of time travel lights and a moving walk-way.
- Knowing that our bodies will fail us one day, that our teeth may fall out from periodontal disease or that we’ll lose a limb or that we may go blind.
- Coming home to a vase of flowers and a lit candle.
The Growing Things
- Place health before stress. Use exercise as a tool to combat stress and anxiety.
- Hold onto healthier habits and food choices. Go for the yogurt and hemp seed.
- Pray for bold, specific things.
- Reserve time for God in the mundane.