The Beautiful Things
- Seeing results of prayer. Believing in the outcome even if the outcome is a week away.
- The smell of Bath and Body Works’s Lavender and Vanilla aromatherapy products.
- Running a few days in a row and thinking that I will keep doing this.
- A new bottle of perfume.
- A velvet dress, even though Mark absolutely despises velvet.
- Giving up my dream of having a velvet couch because Mark won’t be able to stand it.
- An iced chai.
- Realizing all of these things above are mostly material things.
- Job interviews and possibilities. Being stressed about the future not being concrete but loving that we may be happily surprised.
- Not being able to cure Mark’s anxiety after he has thrown-up from that anxiety. Knowing we can’t really fix larger perception issues in us.
- Weather that halts your everyday motions. Forced solitude.
- Temple food, as seen in the new season of Chef’s Table.
- Watching and hearing two of your friends read from their novel theses, hearing every word that their brains put into that particular order.
- Listening to music just to listen to music. Watching music videos like I’m my old middle school self.
- Finishing projects.
The Growing Things
For this week,
- Open my Bible everyday. Get it out of the drawer.
- Keep praying for big things, but don’t treat my prayers like an argumentative essay.
- Make the healthier decisions.