Driving through Mankato on your way to somewhere, go to school in Mankato already and don’t get off campus, or just visiting for the weekend?
I lived in Mankato for three years, so here’s a list of the things I enjoyed during my time there and around the southern Minnesota region.
All links go to an Instagram. I find making collections of places I want to visit to be really useful in the app!
Places to Eat and Drink
- Bluebird Cakery: Bluebird has pretty coffees and cupcakes, including gluten-free ones!
- Coffee Hag: I recommend getting the Bees Knees. They also have live music and community events.
- Fillin’ Station Coffeehouse
- WYSIWYG Juice Co.
- Blue Bricks
- Mazatlan: For the margaritas and salsa.
- Mom and Pop’s Ice Cream
- Bubble Tea at Asian One
- Number 4 American Bar and Kitchen: For a fancy night out.
- Tandem Bagels
Places to Visit, Hike, and Relax
- Sibley Park
- Minneopa State Park
- Seven Mile Creek County Park
- Land of Memories Park
- Rasmussen Woods
- Seppman Mill
- Riverfront Park
- Cine Grand Mankato 4 on Tuesdays
- Loose Moose Saloon Karaoke Nights
- The 410 Project: Community Art Space and Gallery
Things to Do Near Mankato
If you’ve got time for a day trip, to visit surrounding southern Minnesota areas, here are a handful of places that I’ve enjoyed.
- River Rock Coffee in St. Peter
- Linnaeus Arboretum in St. Peter
- Lola Bistro in New Ulm
- Nerstrand Big Woods State Park
- Rochester, Minnesota, but this will eventually be a post on its own.
What places did I miss? Add your notes in the comments!